Accentra 52i help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm4ug

Jan 15, 2014
Martha's vineyard MA
got a harman 52i a little less than 2 weeks ago. Was working great. All of the sudden today it wont ignite. The pellets are getting warm and even hot but never ignite. Going to call the dealer tomorrow but just wondering if there is anything i can do right now

Pull the firepot ash door off and see if its blocked with ash. Also check the small holes in the fire pot, maybe they have carbon covering them up preventing hot air from hitting pellets.

A fall back is to try lighting pellets with propane torch or gel starter fluid until tech looks at it under warranty. I think the manual describes how to manually light stove.

Reactions: bags
It may be the pellets are damp. I usually add a handful of pellets to the burn pot before starting to help it along. Otherwise, I would do as suggested and light it manually with a propane torch to see if it's burning okay otherwise. If it fails a second time I would certainly call for warranty service. It may be a weak igniter.

I agree with after two weeks to remove the cover to the burn pot that accesses the igniter element and just stick a finger in there and scoop out the ash. Also when you scrape the burn pot ( daily) bang on the burn pot with the scraper tool as the Harman Video shows. This knocks ash off the igniter element. I know that the video shows accessing that hatch after a ton of pellets is burned but in particular if you have ashy pellets and or lots of starting and stopping I've found with my Harman that it really should be done sooner. Watch the following video if you haven't already, and if you have it's worth more than the price of admission to take another peak see : https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...e+video&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

got a harman 52i a little less than 2 weeks ago. Was working great. All of the sudden today it wont ignite. The pellets are getting warm and even hot but never ignite. Going to call the dealer tomorrow but just wondering if there is anything i can do right now

Write back when you've down a thorough cleaning, including the space under the burn pot, and let us know if that worked. Also, make sure the manual/auto switch is in auto mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.