Accentra 52i insert cleaning question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
I read all the literature and looked at the Harman videos and if is obvious they haven't completely updated them for the new 52i. I cleaned everything in the firebox and then removed the ash pan so I could access the combustion fan shonw in the video on the on the lower right side. I saw the lever to flip up the cover but lo and behold, no fan behind it but rather it holds a long metal covering that runs across the bottom of the back wall of the stove. I guess I want to know do I remove it to clean/vacuum whatever is behind it.

Finally found the most recent Maintenance manual and it has answered all my questions relative to the newest Accentra Insert model.

Yes remove it and vac and clean

Air passes through those channels to the exhaust that area is important to keep clean.the exhaust fan is the only fan accessable from the front inside the stove.it is on the right side behind the baffle and theirs a removable plate to access it

Air passes through those channels to the exhaust that area is important to keep clean.the exhaust fan is the only fan accessable from the front inside the stove.it is on the right side behind the baffle and theirs a removable plate to access it

Thanks. I am enjoying the heck out of the stove so far and it is nice to come downstairs in the morning to a warm kitchen to start the day.

Reactions: Big papa
Finally found the most recent Maintenance manual and it has answered all my questions relative to the newest Accentra Insert model.
Mind sharing that new maintenance manual? Is it on the Harman website? I too have watched all the videos but they seem to be the old insert.

Mind sharing that new maintenance manual? Is it on the Harman website? I too have watched all the videos but they seem to be the old insert.

It's not on the Harman site. I was filing away some paperwork the installer left me and noticed that there was an Operator's Manual and Installation Manual in the package. It was just booklet copied and stapled together, not professionally done like their brochures, telling me they haven't updated their web videos yet for this latest model. Most of it mirrors what is on the videos but there a few different things, one being that back cover I mentioned in the first post. If you need anything specific, PM me and I'd be happy to scan the maintenance section and email it to you.

Paul

Ok, first thanks for all the advice. Wife is out today so shut down the beast and methodically got into every nook and cranny of the stove. I removed the plating and medallion and covers and brushed and vacuumed and was surprised how the ash works its way behind there. Took a bit to put it back together (that's just my karma) and fired her up. I did not refill the hopper as I want it to run dry and drag down any fines through the auger I couldn't reach. She's humming now so all is right in my pellet world. I do need to get out more.

Last edited:
Im going to do the same this weekend. I really need to build a rail kit though so I can pull the insert out and check out the back.

Yeah if you have parts left over on a harman you might just be a redneck

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.