Accentra 52i motor whine (update)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
I stopped by the dealer and told him of the experience of a high whine noise coming from a fan motor. He said had not heard of any one with this problem (I expected that) so I asked him to turn on the floor model he had in the store. He put the stove in test mode and as expected, I heard the semi-loud whoosh of air but no whine. Based on this, he scheduled a tech visit for next Monday. When I got home, I replicated his action and put my stove in test mode and to my surprise, no whine noise, only air. When I switched the stove back to regular operation, the whine returned. I adjusted the speed of the blower and the whine increased but when put back in test mode, nada. Could I be looking at the wrong culprit and it's not the distribution fan but something else? I'd appreciate your thoughts as a tech is inbound and I wouldn't mind solving this and saving him a trip.

Does the test mode run ALL the motors?

I think if like my Harman, test mode runs everything. Could you be getting a "whine" when the fan runs at lower speeds? Did you buy this new, it would be warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.