Accentra feed rate vs heat output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnesotaRX

Oct 31, 2008
Sartell, MN
Hello all,

New to this forum, but I've been a-lurking and have been thoroughly impressed. I've done searches for my question but everything seems to skirt the edges of what I'd like to know.

I just started using my new Accentra insert and what I was wondering is this: when the area I'm heating gets too damn hot, if I turn the blower down, does the stove adjust the feed rate to compensate and auger less in, or am I wasting pellets? I haven't been able to burn enough to set up my own scientific experiment to determine if I'm using less or not. I assume I don't want to mess with the feed rate at these times due to problems with combustion and such?

I'm running the stove on stove temp setting with the feed motor set at 4.

Thanks for any help. I'm just trying to understand the inner workings of this beast.

Jason

MinnesotaRX said:
Hello all,

New to this forum, but I've been a-lurking and have been thoroughly impressed. I've done searches for my question but everything seems to skirt the edges of what I'd like to know.

I just started using my new Accentra insert and what I was wondering is this: when the area I'm heating gets too damn hot, if I turn the blower down, does the stove adjust the feed rate to compensate and auger less in, or am I wasting pellets? I haven't been able to burn enough to set up my own scientific experiment to determine if I'm using less or not. I assume I don't want to mess with the feed rate at these times due to problems with combustion and such?

I'm running the stove on stove temp setting with the feed motor set at 4.

Thanks for any help. I'm just trying to understand the inner workings of this beast.

Jason

Instead of turning the blower down turn the temp dial down.
Better yet use it in room temp mode, set the temp dial for the temp you want the room to be leave the blower dial between H and L leave the feed adjuster on 4 and let the stove do its magic. That way you will only burn what you need for pellets.

What Parrot says is correct. The feed rate does not determine the heat, the temp knob does. The feed rate will adjust down automatically when used on room temp. The same holds true for the blower, it will automatically lower once it's reached temp.

All correct. Set the stove for room temp. As long as you have the room sensor Connected , the sensor outside the stove to a point away from the stove, set for Room Temp Between L and H and not as Stove temp. Set the Feed Rate at 3.5. the Switch to Auto. Turn it on and all will be warm.
good Luck

Just thought, If your getting too hot in this setting, adjust your temp down. I have mine between 70 and 75 and thats hotter than I've been in years.

Minnesota, if you decided to run your stove on Stove Temp, I would offer the following: If you run the stove on Stove Temp, if the room is too warm, turn the temp dial down -- which is the feed rate when it's on Stove Temp. If you only turn your blower down, you are burning pellets at the same rate. I mess with the blower speed a lot because I find it noisy on its higher speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.