1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

accentra freestanding lazy flame

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ebbtide357, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ebbtide357

ebbtide357 New Member

Loc:
    long island new york
    flame got lazy gonna give a good cleaning tommorow anyone know where I can get a schematic of this stove.im guessing the convection blower is maybe clogged up.any tricks I should know? really want to do thorough cleaning gonna vacuum out fine box seems like i got fire on the sides of burn pot is this normal? burning barefoots and lignetics also noticed glass getting dirty faster thought it was the barefoots but now i dont think so

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tsmith

tsmith Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kutztown, PA
    Clean the exhaust pathways really good. The leaf blower trick works good for this. Just vacuum everywhere really good and clean the combustion fan with a brush, careful not to bend the fins. You may also want to remove the ESP and wipe it down with a damp rag, be careful not to bend it though.

Attached Files:

ebbtide357 likes this.
  3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

good diagnosis, ebb......stove running well, gets lazy flame, nearly ALWAYS a cleaning issue
  4. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    A clogged or faulty convection fan will not cause lazy flame,... check venting and combustion blower,.. also check intake for clogs and/or leaks at door and glass.
  5. Jim_

Jim_ New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Hey Ebb, did you ever figure out what the problem was?
    I also have an Accentra Freestanding with the same issue.
    Burning Cleanfire Pacific Blend and have been totally pleased with heat output and ash until I recently cleaned the stove.
    I cleaned the stove this week and now the heat output is less, lazy flame and window in geting dirty in less than a days time.
    I cleaned everything, including the exhaust pipe, esp probe.
    I see no problems with the gaskets around the door or pellet bin.
    Should I be looking at the air intake or exhaust to resolve the current issues?
  6. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    When opening the door you should see a distinctive difference in the flame,.. if the flame doesnt become significantly more lively when you close the door, then you have an issue with combustion fan and/or intake leaks/clogs.
  7. ebbtide357

ebbtide357 New Member

Loc:
    long island new york
    i cleaned the stove real well there was a lot of fines in the ignighter box under the burn pot pretty sure that was the problem never seen that many fines in the ignighter box maybe crappy barefoots not sure but me thinks the lignetics were much better
  8. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Have you emptied the fine box? Page 23 in the manual.
  9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

actually, a faulty (broken) fan impeller certainly can.......pushes less air with a few fins broke off.....and it happens
    ebbtide357 likes this.
  10. SwineFlue

SwineFlue Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Pa
    On the convection fan? It could cause an overheat shutdown. Combustion fan problems will cause a lazy flame.
    Shaw520 likes this.
  11. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    wrong,...convection fan has nothing to do with combustion air.
  12. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403

This info should be in the owners manual. If not go to Harmanstoves.com for the latest manual.

Eric
  13. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

ah, no, Im NOT wrong. If the impeller of your combustion fan loses fins, you will immediately have diminished air supply pushed past your ESP, causing a fairly marked decrease in performance for the unit (also tends to get noisy and hasten the death of the motor itself due to differential loading of an unbalanced fan (missing fins). I didnt mention which fan it was.......Harman uses the term combustion and distribution fan....makes discerning them easier........:).
  14. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    Check my quote,... I said "convection fan will not cause lazy flame"

...two different sources of air.