Accentra FS combustion blower not shutting down?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 fixes for gummy,I did the 2 onsite ones to this one,am very happy with how it burns.I reccomend you buy the hose upgrade kit from harman and do it now,it is quick and easy and gives peace of mind.I like the non traditonal look of the accentra,which is what most european stoves look like now,and some us and canadian units.I really like the england stove that has this style.Also this is probably one of the last stoves dane harman designed.Also the fireplace mode is nice.

Reactions: womaus
Again, to all:

Just finished up a 4 hour hour burn, then a call for a full shutdown.

It worked.

Extra beers....

4 hour?wuss.Turn it on,set tstat and let it run.Do not buy the overpriced cleanout tools on ebay.Go to auto parts store,or ace,buy cheap gasket scraper or screwdriver,find someone with a torch(muffler shop,auto shop}bend it at a more than 45 degree angle,and there is your pot scraper.Pay attention to scrape the pot at the left side,that is where the buildup comes,makes for hard starts,right above the ignitor.With the ash pot on the accentra free standing you can go for a month before teardown and cleaning,unless crappy pellets.

4 hour?wuss..

Wuss? I've been called a wuss by many lesser men than you many times....over many days...over many months...

Heh.

4 hours due to actually enjoying the heat while we were reconfiguring the room...dealing with the wife's wishes, then going back to mine when she wasn't looking.

Of course this will come back to me in a day or two. She's like that.

Tools? I've got a bag of them. No need for further expense.

That said, I've started diving into a bottle of Jameson's and listening to some Phil Ochs. Best if I get off of the forums.

But, again, and I cannot say this enough to you and to others, many thanks for the assistance. I appreciate it all. Much.

Success...the city inspector just left, the installation passed without issue.

And the stove is running fine after the new control board install.

Life is good.

Now to agonize over what pellet to invest in.

Success...the city inspector just left, the installation passed without issue.

And the stove is running fine after the new control board install.

Life is good.

Now to agonize over what pellet to invest in.
Congrats !!

Pellets ? Good luck ! Last I knew HD locally had Thermaglo and Green Supreme @ $5.18 a bag. Neither is overly superior to the other but I think Themaglo is a bit hotter than GS as based off how my P61 radiates heat.. Where you are in central Ma you might have more choices than here. We have a lot of pellets around but non are the really nice high quality ones and if there are any of those around they think they are selling gold.

Walmart in the next town over has all of their offerings (4 at this time) priced at $5 a bag. Will be testing out the Still River and Maine's Choice hardwoods.

Walmart within the city boundaries get $5.25 per bag. Not sure if the selection is the same.

Currently finishing up some TSC hardwood blend...it's like clinker city in my stove.

Lot's of other choices in the area too.

Status
Not open for further replies.