Accentra Insert distribution motor rattle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homer819

Mar 3, 2009
CT
I've been running an Accentra Pellet stove insert for about 3 years. I do all the required maintainance, cleaning, ect. and it runs beautifully. However, about a month ago it seemed to develop a rattling sound. It seems like it's coming from underneath in the area of the distribution blower. Has anyone experienced this?

I saw underneath that there was some dust bunnie buildup the last time I cleaned it. I made a vacuum hose extension and cleaned it best I could. Is there a way for me to get at the blower assembly? My hearth is at floor level so it doesn't seem likely that I can get at it from the bottom. I know the stove is rather heavy (450 lbs.), would you know if it's safe to tip it up on an angle? Is there another way to get at it from the top?

No, there is NO way to get at it from the top......unclasp the two clasps, pull the stove out, unhook the wires, pull it all the way out, and tip it over onto its back....then you can easily see the fan.....GVA is right, most likely its unbalanced due to "schmutz" attatched to the fan, especially so, since youre at floor level! Now, complete the equation and tell us you have dogs or cats...that fan'll suck those hairs up in no time!

Oh, You know it! Our cat's favorite nap spot is right in front of the stove! I'm wondering if a thorough fan cleaning will fix it, or will I have to replace the blower? I will keep you posted. Thanks for the info.

well, try cleaning it first, see what happens.....kinda a pain to change, given the routing of the blower wires............also, when ya push the unit back in, take care you dont let the wires get severed by the stove as it goes back in....happens easily

Ok, I will watch the wires. There really should be some sort of filter or screen for the air induction under the stove. Maybe someone out there has or is working on a creative solution.

I'll have to try something like that. It would stand to reason that certain filtering methods might effect the draft. Thanks for your help!

well, I'd think if you put a fairly open filter media under the removeable trim piece in front of the stove, you might go a long way towards filtering alot of the pet hair

Status
Not open for further replies.