accentra insert not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbylul

Jan 2, 2010
L.I. New York
Hey, My 1 1/2 year old accentra insert stopped working yesterday. The compustion blower had started making noise about a week ago . I pulled the unit out and looked at it s almost seized. Is this common ? I thought these Harmans were durable. It's cleaned once a week ,although I only pulled it out for the seasonal cleaning once after last season. Are the bearings in the combustion blower a sealed unit or do they require some service also. It should be under warranty but i've come to depend on it .

thanks, bill

All of the fans on your stove are sealed bearings. Are you taking the access plate off of the combustion blower fan blade enclosure when you do the annual cleaning? Lots of soot builds up in the chamber where that fan turns.

shelbylul said:
Hey, My 1 1/2 year old accentra insert stopped working yesterday. The compustion blower had started making noise about a week ago . I pulled the unit out and looked at it s almost seized. Is this common ? I thought these Harmans were durable. It's cleaned once a week ,although I only pulled it out for the seasonal cleaning once after last season. Are the bearings in the combustion blower a sealed unit or do they require some service also. It should be under warranty but i've come to depend on it .

thanks, bill

It still maybe under warrenty, check with your dealer. But I don't know what a compustion blower is.

shelbylul said:

thanks, bill

easy on Harman's durability: they don't actually make the blower, fasco does (an the same basic unit is used for most pellet stoves out there). It's an easy replacement, and at 1.5 yrs old, still under warranty.

I just bought a used accentra insert(2004) and the combustion blower was squealing a little so I replaced it. $95 with new fan blade. Seems odd for a 1 1/2 yo stove. I would hope your harman dealer would back that part :exclaim:

Who's the dealer? Hope they stand behind it and it's up running soon!

they're coming tomorrow. SHOULD be covered under warranty. I'll check back. Don't mean to bust on their durability,just frustrated ,especially when I hear the oil burner click on.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.