Accentra Insert Question/Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thesyguy

Mar 25, 2008
Southeastern Mass
It has been really cold lately and I have been running the stove in stove temp mode at almost max, blower fan on high, feeding at 3.5-4lbs/hr. Went out today and when I came home the house was 63 degrees and the flame was all the way down the pot and almost in the auger tube. Plenty of pellets in the hopper. I shut it down and cleaned it thoroughly, including the blowers and feeder/fines catcher. Pretty much the same as the end of season cleaning. I noticed that the inside of the auger tube was shiny. I checked the auger but it did not have any play and was not touching the sides or binding. Also the end of the auger looks like it may be thinner as though it started to deteriorate.

I restarted it and it is running, the fans are blowing normal, there is good heat coming out but the flame does not look as high as it normally does and I am having to run it at a much higher stove temp to get the same room temp. Also, it is now 15 degrees warmer outside.

Any ideas on what may be the issue before I call my dealer in to look at it?

BTW I am using comfy cozy pellets that I have been using since last winter with no issues until now. Also the stove is in it's fourth season, purchased in March 2008.

Thanks.

when u start stove after bieng off does it auger the correct amount of pellets into pot? Or is the burn pot only 1/4 or 1/2 full? This is a good indicator for if the auger or slide plate plugged up. Sounds like it is a feed issue do to a restriction in the auger or it is gummed up. Empty hopper and vac pellets out so you can see the slide plate. Is everything clean and shiny or is it brown and have a build up on it down in bottom of hopper and slide plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.