Accentra Pellet Insert Power Cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albrightj

Dec 8, 2011
western pa
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am eagerly awaiting the installation of my accentra insert next weekend. Would anybody know the length of the power cord? My dealer said she "thinks" it has a 5' cord. I've tried searching online. The only thing I came across was the 14' replacement cord for the unit. Does the unit come with a 14' cord? Any input would be appreciated.

If you need a longer cord, keep in mind that when you add a surge protector (strongly recommended) - that will give you some more reach. The surge protector I have comes with a 6-foot cord.

I installed an accentra insert a month ago and about 5 ft sounds correct, I can messure if you need an exact number. Keep in mind it can come out either side of the insert. Enjoy, I love mine!!!

Wow, I really didn't expect a response that quick. I didn't think about using a surge protector. That will definitely get me where I need to go. Hopefully I can hide most of the cord. Thank you for your opinion. Hope you enjoy the mt. vernon. I almost went with it also.

No problem. I read enough posts on here where everyone says to put a surge protector on your stove so it kinda got beat into my head.

Good luck with the Accentra, I almost went with it but needed more BTU to do the whole house.

jdege said:
I installed an accentra insert a month ago and about 5 ft sounds correct, I can messure if you need an exact number. Keep in mind it can come out either side of the insert. Enjoy, I love mine!!!

Thank you. I was hoping someone out ther had the actual stove and could give me an answer.
I hope i love mine also. I did a lot of research and it seemed the best fit for my home.

I am in NH in an open concepy colonial, so far I can easliy keep the down stairs 70-71 and the upstairs 67-68. The only room it does not heat is the master bedroom which is over the garage. Enjoy your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.