Accentra room temp setting problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

investor7952

Feeling the Heat
Jan 16, 2009
Norther NJ
I dont know what happend but I scraped the front lip of the burn pot as normal before going to bed. I closed the door and stove wouldnt restart.So I ran in test and then set to stove temp.Stove running went to set to room temp and the status light was blinking dist. blower light out and feed motor light out. I again switch to stove temp and all light go back on and stove is running.So again I want it in room temp and again same as above.Then in the stove mode the flame got very low and feeder stopped feeding.So I opened door again scraped a liitle more made sure all seals were ok .Started again on test all well switched to room temp and again the same lights as above out.I switch to stove and all light lit and running.Flame this time much better but still cant switch to room temp without getting the blinking status and the dist blower light out and feed doesnt come on. The room temp in the room is only at 67 degrees the stove inset at 80 and feed on 5 so the demand is there.
I have been running this new stove since Monday this will be the 4th night so I dont think cleaning is the issue.

Delete

The blinking light is a diagnostic code, how many times does it blink before repeating? The manual tells you what to look for depending on the sequence of blinks.

I have had problems when I go to start in one mode and then change my mind right away. I found that once it went through the startup cycle and warmed up, then it changed ok. Since you just cleaned your stove, if it is not hot, unplug the stove, wait a minute or two the plug back in. This does a hard reset on the control logic (similar to rebooting you computer).

Status
Not open for further replies.