Accentra settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaralluis

Dec 14, 2005
Hi guys,

The thing is finally installed and running.
It looks really nice.
It doesnt seem to deliver as much I hoped for, but its good.

Now abou tthe settings on this thing.

Blower speed! I have it on medium setting, is the right setting or it is better to leave it on high or low?

The feeder is at 4. I am not sure how to find the right setting for that one.

I did the test for 30 minutes on high and full blast and I have to say that there was a less than one inch ash line but the line was not at the tip of the burner top, it was hmmm maybe two inches in.

I just want to get the max heat out of the pellets being burned.
Thanks.

I dont know your unit, but it sounds a bit like a old whitfied set up. If thats the case, i would run the blower speed and the pellet feed close to the same setting. If you have a damper setting you want the air to be set where the burn pot just keeps up with its self, no build up.

Amaralluis said:
Hi guys,

The thing is finally installed and running.
It looks really nice.
It doesnt seem to deliver as much I hoped for, but its good.

Now abou tthe settings on this thing.

Blower speed! I have it on medium setting, is the right setting or it is better to leave it on high or low?

The feeder is at 4. I am not sure how to find the right setting for that one.

I did the test for 30 minutes on high and full blast and I have to say that there was a less than one inch ash line but the line was not at the tip of the burner top, it was hmmm maybe two inches in.

I just want to get the max heat out of the pellets being burned.
Thanks.

Distribution fan can run wherever you want it to.....mine is in the same room as the TV, so when Im watching TV, I turn it down, nearer low. When I really want to get air circulating in the house, I turn it up, but its noisier then.
Feeder at 4? depends on the pellet, how your stove burns. Most run between 3 and 4. Dont be really concerned where the fire burns, only make sure there arent live pellets falling off the front of the burn pot...feed rate too fast.
Not enough heat? Are you running in Stove temp, or room temp? What are the settings? Sometimes room temp probe location is key....sounds dumb, but the room probe isnt sitting near the top of the stove, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.