accentra stove controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missrobo

Oct 19, 2008
south of boston
Hi,
Never did this before but here goes.
Using my accentra stove for the first time and don't know how to coordinate the temp with the pellet flow rate with the fan speed. Is there a combination that works most efficiently?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Janet

missrobo said:
Hi,
Using my accentra stove for the first time and don't know how to coordinate the temp with the pellet flow rate with the fan speed. Is there a combination that works most efficiently?

Leave feed adjuster on 3 (this setting is for pellet quality, and 3 usually is good for most premium pellets), put selector dial on room temp midway between L and H (the stove will automatically vary the blower speed) and set the temp for as hot as you want the room.

Parrot Head said:
missrobo said:
Hi,

Leave feed adjuster on 3 (this setting is for pellet quality, and 3 usually is good for most premium pellets), put selector dial on room temp midway between L and H (the stove will automatically vary the blower speed) and set the temp for as hot as you want the room.

Above is assuming you are using room temp, what if you are using Stove Temp?

I had to run my Harman with the same settings as Parrot Head mentions. Seems to be a good starting point anyway. At first I had my feed rate on 4 but I had to back it down to #3 because of some smoke.

pelletNJ said:
Parrot Head said:
missrobo said:
Hi,

Above is assuming you are using room temp, what if you are using Stove Temp?

feed adjuster on 3, mode selector halfway between L and H on stove temp side, set desired heat output on temp dial using 1-7 scale. This way, the higher you set heat output the faster the dist fan will blow.

my manual says to start w/ 4...and that this is "conservative", and may need to go up. sounds like "experience" says that 3 is better. what are the indications of having too high or too low a feed rate?

too low = may not get maximum heat output. too high= may get incomplete combustion i.e. sooty dirty burn etc

Status
Not open for further replies.