Accessing Hampton insert flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 4 tubes in the top of this thing, holding up a firebrick shelf. There's no way to take the shelves out (not enough clearance) without removing an air tube, but I don't want to damage anything. Do I gently grip one with vice grips and try to work it free? Stick grips on there and tap them sideways? Are the tubes keyed somehow?

Thanks

I put mine in there with the air tubes in so I know they will come out. Otherwise your way will work, I do not remember which way to tap them though.

You may have to stack them sideways then remove one at a time? Call the dealer, they will know, then put it in writing cause I am not sure :cheese: Always happy to help.

I hear a challenge ;~)

Most of the Regency's you dont have to take the tube out to get the baffle out. That might be one of them Im not sure I dont remember. Grip with a vice grip and hit the vice grip with a hammer, that should do the trick. Thats the way the tech guy at regency showed me how to do it in their plant in New Hampshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.