1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Accessory web site?? ie. hearthmat, thermometer etc.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by LMBN, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMBN

LMBN New Member

Loc:
    SE PA
    Hello
    Does anyone know of a great website to buy woodstove accessories? We recently purchased a new stove and I'd like to see whats available. Its a Jotul Oslo 500. I'm sure the dealer could help but I thought I'd try and see if there was out there.
    Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cmonSTART

cmonSTART Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Antrim, NH
    Honestly, most of the stuff I buy from my local Ace Hardware.
  3. LMBN

LMBN New Member

Loc:
    SE PA
    Seriously!??!
  4. cmonSTART

Loc:
    Antrim, NH
    Ya, we're talking things like thermometers, tools, stovepipe, kettles, fans, stove mats etc, right?

If you're looking for Jotul specific dress up options, like different trim and whatnot, jotul's web site would probably be the way to go.
  5. LMBN

LMBN New Member

Loc:
    SE PA
    Nope, all of the things you mentioned above are what I'm looking for. Thanks so much! I'll make sure to find an Ace store this weekend.

Do you think they have a fireplace mat to lie in front of an existing hearth as well? (the kind you tend to see in wood stove catalogs just underneath of the stove)?
    We need to extend with a fireproof material approx. 8 inches. I'm thinking something rectangular in shape.
  6. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Those mats are not fireproof, they are fire resistant. A good size ember will burn through it. Its not something I would consider as a permanent safe measure. Extend the hearth if necessary.
  7. cmonSTART

Loc:
    Antrim, NH
    Any self respecting hardware store around here carries a really good assortment of stoves, accessories, and chimney stuff.
  8. Rich M

Rich M New Member

Loc:
    NW Lower Michigan
  9. Heat Miser

Heat Miser New Member

Loc:
    Pacific NW
    Seconded. I've ordered several things from them and they ship really fast. I have one of their fire resistant hearth rugs and it works well. But like others have said above, it's not a replacement for a properly sized hearth. It primarily helps keep dirt and ash off the carpet.
  10. KWillets

KWillets Member

Loc:
    San Francisco, CA
    Go to acehardware.com and see if they have what you want, and then pick "ship to store" for free shipping. They put it into the store's order at the distribution center and it comes in a few days. Same at doitbest.com.
  11. Valhalla

Valhalla Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Essex County, New York
    Hey, check the home page of your www.hearth.com, as there are many links to suppliers of neat burner, stove gear and tools!

It is right in front of our nose!
  12. eba1225

eba1225 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Chester Springs, Pa
    LMBN,

The place that Rich linked to is good. I got many of my stove things from them, from the chimney cleaning supplies to fire tools to decorative items.

Erik
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.