Accessory web site?? ie. hearthmat, thermometer etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMBN

Aug 25, 2008
SE PA
Hello
Does anyone know of a great website to buy woodstove accessories? We recently purchased a new stove and I'd like to see whats available. Its a Jotul Oslo 500. I'm sure the dealer could help but I thought I'd try and see if there was out there.
Thanks!

Ya, we're talking things like thermometers, tools, stovepipe, kettles, fans, stove mats etc, right?

If you're looking for Jotul specific dress up options, like different trim and whatnot, jotul's web site would probably be the way to go.

Nope, all of the things you mentioned above are what I'm looking for. Thanks so much! I'll make sure to find an Ace store this weekend.

Do you think they have a fireplace mat to lie in front of an existing hearth as well? (the kind you tend to see in wood stove catalogs just underneath of the stove)?
We need to extend with a fireproof material approx. 8 inches. I'm thinking something rectangular in shape.

Those mats are not fireproof, they are fire resistant. A good size ember will burn through it. Its not something I would consider as a permanent safe measure. Extend the hearth if necessary.

Rich M said:
This place has a great selection and service www.northlineexpress.com

Seconded. I've ordered several things from them and they ship really fast. I have one of their fire resistant hearth rugs and it works well. But like others have said above, it's not a replacement for a properly sized hearth. It primarily helps keep dirt and ash off the carpet.

Go to acehardware.com and see if they have what you want, and then pick "ship to store" for free shipping. They put it into the store's order at the distribution center and it comes in a few days. Same at doitbest.com.

Hey, check the home page of your www.hearth.com, as there are many links to suppliers of neat burner, stove gear and tools!

It is right in front of our nose!

Status
Not open for further replies.