"according to the website www.hearth.com"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patapsco Mike

Feeling the Heat
Jun 3, 2008
Maryland
Saw this through Fark.com Prepare for some new visitors...

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2008/07/27/sunday_in_depth/doc488c8fb30c099814383205.txt

Homeowners looking to offset high heating bills turning to wood, coal

More area residents will be heating their homes with wood pellets, coal and fireplaces next winter than anytime in the recent past, as they seek alternatives to skyrocketing fuel oil and natural gas costs.

But there's a hitch for anyone hoping to keep warm at a stable cost: The price of alternative fuels is also climbing as demand heats up.

Wood pellets, manufactured to be burned more easily than logs in wood stoves and furnaces, were selling for as little as $220 a ton last summer. This year, with more customers seeking to shift at least some of their heating needs to wood, area dealers are quoting prices in the $255 to $290 range, according to the Web site www.hearth.com.

Oh boy, that wonderful fish wrapper. so dubbed the "suncomical" because of there hilarious errors.

btw... why is a MD man reading a bottom rung new england newspaper :)

Backpack09 said:
btw... why is a MD man reading a bottom rung new england newspaper :)

www.Fark.com is a website that aggregates stories in various categories. Saw a story about woodstove stuff so I clicked on it, not knowing the source. I was amused to see that they were using this website as a source, so I thought I'd share.

Thank you! Some of the headlines on that site are hilarious.

"American Airlines jet makes emergency landing at LAX; all passengers willing to pay $10 emergency egress fee evacuated via slides"

"Environmentalists applaud high oil prices because people will drive less and thus pollute less. Unintended consequence: Wood stove sales are way up. Cut down those trees and burn 'em up"

Status
Not open for further replies.