ACP Hardwood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
Has anyone ever haerd and or used these pellets?

I burned 3 bags and they were ok. Heat good. Didn't notice that much ash, though I have read some folks had what they felt as excessive. I'd buy em if they were cheap. My bags did not have the PFI premium stamp..... don't pay premium money for pellets that are not premium. Also read some folks had an odor problem though I didn't notice anything funny.

Schoondog

There is a guy near me selling them for 320 a ton and he has all you could want (at 320 a ton). A friend is using them and he says they are crappy, lots of ash, smell and fines

I burned five bags and Codebum burned a few bags.

They are really dirty and put out a lot of ash. they burn trouble free otherwise and put out fine heat.

Still, in my mind I consider them junk pellets. Definitely the worst pellet I have used as far as how dirty they burn and how much ash they produce.

Mark

As Mark said, I burned a few bags. Thats probably not enough to give an accurate review, but when I combine my experience with those of others I can only conclude that...yes they burn good, good heat, but you will need to clean your entire stove and venting every few bags. You should try a few bags and form your own opinion, but I would not buy bulk quantities of these until you see how they burn for you.

thanks to all with the comments. this guy was charging 265/ton and add the price or fuel 300+.

An employee got a half ton of these Appling Pellets. A large chunk of wood mixed in with the pellets jammed their auger. Further examination of more bags revealed a plastic nut the size of a silver dollar... Use caution with this brand of pellets!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.