adapter for franklin stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfhjr

Jul 31, 2013
NC
I have a franklin stove with an 8 inch opening since the damper is 1 1/2 below the opening so I am not able to use an adapter which fits inside the opening. I am connecting to 8 inch 22 gauge stove pipe. I was thinking about a draw band. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the message. I understand your point, the stove is in the middle of my workshop on a cement floor. I do not keep anything combustible near it as they are dangerous. I guess I could remove the damper and use an adapter.

Adapters are going to be hard to find, if you can find one you have to buy the stove it comes with. Best bet would be to buy a rectangle to round insert boot adapter that would sit on top of the stove and then go to 8".

It would look like this:

round-boot.jpg

remove the stove damper and put in a pipe damper

Status
Not open for further replies.