Adaptor for female to female?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make the liner male with a crimper.

Crimper.jpg

Matt

If you don't have the shown crimper, you can use long skinny needlenose pliers.

burnwood said:
Anything I can do when a female and a female meet?

Stay out of the way

Dangerous post--leaves you wide open to the nut cases on the forum.

Personally, I don`t care to comment! After 35 years of marriage-I still haven`t managed to adapt. :)

burnwood said:
My chimney liners tap is a female 6 inch pipe. So is my stoves. Anything I can do when a female and a female meet?

Heat Fab makes a flex-to-rigid adapter that should work for you WITHOUT crimping...
Heavy gage Stainless Steel & less than $20...
Part # is 4556SS...

hahahahaha

I like the needle nosed pliers idea. right up my alley. I'm always fabricating stuff with the wrong tools. sometimes it even works

burnwood said:
came out looking like it was from the factory.
If you have the right size pliers, the last crimp matches up with the first and you can't tell where you started/ended. The taper on the pliers does a better job in transitioning the crimps than that hand held tool.

I've worked with the bench top tool that rolls the crimp and puts a bead above it. Nice tool to have if you do a lot.

Glad it worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.