Add ignitor to Enviro EF2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwert

Feeling the Heat
Dec 6, 2008
Northern CT.
I have a n EF 2 with the analog Dial A Fire controls. It works fine but is manual light. I am wondering if I can add a pin ignitor to it to make it an EF2i. The stove is in a camp in another state so I can't look to see if it has wiring to add an ignitor. Was hoping one of the resident experts has an answer.

Thanks in advance

Yes it can be done, But it might be a bit pricey. Anyway you can post your wiring diagram so I can compare to the igniter stoves diagram?

Thanks. I figured if wires are there it is simple. Only paid 100 for stove so can throw some money at it. Won't be in at camp for at least a month so can't post pics of wiring but thanks again.

According to the EF-2 Manual from Enviro...
http://www.enviro.com/images/manuals-brochures/owners-manuals/C-12132 Instruction EF2 Domestic Owner's Manual.pdf

It came with an Igniter. Mine was removed before I got the stove. I use a propane torch.

Wiring diagram (lousy) is on Page 31 of the manual.

300 watt Igniter is Enviro part # 50-1067

Looks like it gets connected (White wire) from the Neutral line of the wall plug or the Combustion Blower and the 120deg ignition sensor. The sensor is connected to the the Auger timer controller (Orange Wire).

Not sure of the actual board hookups or if there are fuse(s) involved.

---Nailer---

How do you change out, and replace a burned out ignitor on that stove?

nailer no fuses involved. I'll post some picture's to assist.

The orange wire might not be there, Or the igniter sensor. Small drawing is where you mount the igniter sensor( Depending on stove year it may or may not have the hole).

Parts needed.

EF-015 igniter temp sensor 120ºF (You can use grainger #2E253)
EF-021 Ignition Burn Pot
50-1067 igniter 300 watt

Wiring of orange and white wires and some quick connectors.

Links to snap disk(ign temp sensor) needed.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/WHITERODGERS-Snap-Disc-Limit-Control-2E253?Pid=search

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• EF2 igniter conn.jpg
    EF2 igniter conn.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Sensor location.jpg
    Sensor location.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 451
Want to start this thread again because I acquired another EF-2 and it has the mounting hole for an igniter. Think I would also need to add an igniter tube, Enviro EF-140. Any thoughts?
Have everything else pretty much figured out except whether or not I can use a Grainger igniter with an adapter to make it mount like the original Enviro igniter does. Anyone know where to get the adapter?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.