Add-on wood boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Dunlap

Feeling the Heat
Dec 13, 2005
Northern Vermont
Does anyone know anything about the Eko boilers sold through New Horizon Corp. in West Virginia? They seem very similar to the Tarm, but at a more reasonable price. Their website has a lot of info. Any other suggestions for an affordable indoor wood boiler would be appreciated. Thanks,
Reggie

I have a Harman coal/wood boiler. The model I have is the SF 160. I maintain 195-degree water with only 2, 5 gallons pails of nut coal for 24 hours. I think this is one of the better boilers out there today. It’s well made and the price is just right. What’s nice about this boiler if the power goes out I can still use it. you have to load it by hand and shake it.
http://www.harmanstoves.com/

I emailed New Horizon for more information but never received a reply. Like you, I'm curious about alternatives to the Tarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.