Q&A Add-ons for Majestic Gas Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Hi! I just bought a house with a majestic 39BDVTRN corner vented gas fireplace-- and the builder can't find the directions! I need to know if there's any "magic", or rules to follow when I move and clean the burner-- how is the "ember" material supposed to be placed, etc. Also, is it OK to buy those fake pine cones and put them on the logs? Any help would be appreciated! JOHN

Answer:

The builder MUST provide you with operating and installation instructions. If he cannot get them, try the Majestic site at http://www.majesticproducts.com

In most cases, pine cones and other add-ons should not be used with factory-built gas fireplaces. These add-ons are designed for use with vented gas logs installed into existing wood fireplaces.

The ember material usually goes on top of the burner - sometimes there is a pan for it to sit in..but PLEASE get the manual to see how it is done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.