Added a new to me saw!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlshrk

Mar 4, 2008
VA
I have been looking for sometime and finally found a decent used Husqvarna 346xp at lunchtime Friday. I think the appropriate adjective would be STOKED!

MS361 & 346XP.jpeg

Attachments

• MS361 & 346XP.jpeg
    MS361 & 346XP.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,637
You've got one helluva combo there...::-)

Reactions: Stlshrk
Thanks guys. It is a 50cc model.

Okay, so I've had a chance to run the new to me 346xp through its paces a little this afternoon. And it was like falling in love all over again. And no, it won't replace or make me sell the ms361, but DADDY LIKE!!! >> ;) It is another chip making machine, for sure.

Nice saw, 20" bar? (oops, read your signature)
How the balance with the 20"?
Get it for a good price ?

I think the balance is pretty good. I had been looking, not searching for the last 6 months or so. My job has me spend a lot of time on the road, so if I have a chance to go into a saw store, I take the opportunity to search their used saw racks. This saw was one of the cleaner 346 that I have found, but most of the others were going for $400 or more. I almost pulled the trigger 2 other times, but I try to live by the montra of buy and sell when you don't have to do it. That way you can walk away easier than if you really had to have whatever purchase or item. I'm not sure if it is my area or what, but I think that would have been too much to pay. I picked up mine for $325 last week. The dealer has a good reputation, so I believe them when they tell me that she's got good compression. I've noted that she starts easy, revs quickly and smoothly, new stihl chain, visually the saw hasn't been abused, slings oil well, sounds good, and it feels like mounts are in good shape. Not a steal by any means, but a value at that price, I think.

Looks like a good deal Stlshrk, and now you have your one obligatory Husky and can go back to more Stihls! :cool:

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.