added options causing a toolbar glitch?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2012
HotSprings NatlPark
Was running fine, text set to normal- then everything from screenname to logout moved to end of 2nd line toolbar and was covered by searchbox. Only the leg of the h in my screename was barely visable and faded not crisp contrast like other options.
Changed txt to lg because Dairyman suggested. Dexterday commented about txt size and I understand this can break the design of the page.
Stove reviews dissapeared as did unanswered threads off 2nd bar.
Everything from screename to logout moved down again to new 3rd line of toolbar that is same color as page background.
Searchbox now rides over the bottom half of 2nd line and top half off 3rd.
These options are now accessable if zoomed all in.

Could the seachbox be moved down a knotcher2?

:edit: another variation - while on recent activities page 2nd line (liteblu) of options gone(I think this is normal) and most of screename is visible at end of background colored 2nd bar. Searchbox still covers it some and all to the right of it.

Have this problem on a smaller screen machine at work. I think 4:3 aspect ratios or the 1024x768 resolution is the problem there. No trouble from my home desktop.

Thanks webbie. With txt set normal, still pushing username & all down and under searchbox still.
I'm stuck with mobile for my connection, and normal is much better to nav.
Set to small everythings good, just a little wide.
Strange about diferent options on diff pages moves thngs about.
Was using large txt to push it on down to third line, after fix it wasnt enough to push that far and username was in the same space as recent activities only 'fuzzy'. On recent activities, its accessible.

Edit - could thread seach go under page bar?

Looking good here with normal text size. Thanks webbie!

I've been needing to replace my fried out 10yo vaio. If not widespread, I can live withit fine. Just trying to help a little.

Saw the june2012 thread about some members backgrounds in comp field. Our highschool was one of those that used a fund raiser in 1982 to purchase an apple computer. Our senior math class got to install it in a closet, program the game in the install booklet, and play with a very fundemental trajectory- shoot the castle- program. Went on to college at Arkansas Tech where a cutting edge network. connected to U of A Fayetteville was installed that next yr. Dropped out for service, and went back later for degree in Accounting, but have since spent a lot of time in IT classrooms(Cisco). Min exposure to html. Enough to make me dangerous. haha.

There is an add-on I use to insert the extra links in the top menu bars.....and, of course, if these get too wide they hit the stuff on the right....

For those who are getting the error, does it seem as if the upper (dark blue) or the lower (light) text is hitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.