Added Roofing to the Racks...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
After adding a roof to one of the 4 racks, I got to add 2 more over the past month. I have one rack left to roof. Of course....some pics. Just got to stack the rest.
Roofs 1.jpgRoofs 2.jpgRoofs 4.jpgRoofs 8.jpg

Just as good as a shed, do you have an area to season the wood before you stack them under cover?

Not really, but the racks are single rows...so they'll season just fine like that. Because of space, I have prep stacks right in front of them. You can see that in pic 4.

Now the racks are wood sheds ;)
Very nice

Reactions: PapaDave
I love the racks with the roofs for the stacks, Stax! Damm, I'm a poet and didnt even know it! How did you make out with your syrup? Not to derail your thread......

Nice looking setup.

It was my old in ground pool cover, knew it would come in handy one of these days when I upgraded and bought the mesh cover;)
I didnt think they were garden variety tarps, they look heartier. Now Im wondering if I could use a pool tarp and cut it up, Ill have to look into it.

Each rack holds a cord. I have four of 'em. Syrup turned out great. I put it on my waffles/pancakes every chance I get. Thanks for all your compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies.