Added to my pile...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Well, went home today and got some Hedge to add to my pile...

D58377F0-7979-424C-BD6E-258476361DAD-6336-000003D34353EE03_zps423d898c.jpg

Already some split, but just added to it. Went ahead and split it right out of the truck it only took about 45 minutes to do. Verse's handling it one addition time.
7743D491-D30F-4FED-B36E-C8A38EB38914-6336-000003D34EBBE078_zps1d422451.jpg

DCFD710A-E1C3-41B5-85E4-2BE6F9765735-6336-000003D36033CC85_zpsfb52c32e.jpg

About as good as it gets.

Reactions: ScotO and chvymn99
Looks like a nice lookin pile of btus....that is one wood I have never burnt as far as I can recollect.

Great pictures. Really show the color well.

Jackpot! :cool:
The only thing missing is a pic of the truck from the side; Bet she was squattin' pretty good. :oops:

Seeing that pile of hedge reminded me of the time I cut a load of hedge and put it all on the truck and came out to the road to check the tires and so on. Man was the bumper low. If I came to any part of a blacktop that had a hump in the center it drug to beat the band. The only way I could go around any corners was to give it a little gas then hit the brakes so the front tires was on the road to make the turn. The tires was on the road but wasn't on enough to turn so goose it ,brake and turn at the same time. 1972 ford 3 speed Thought of another story going over a hill to get to the road and there was no road there. Some other time.

Jackpot! :cool:
The only thing missing is a pic of the truck from the side; Bet she was squattin' pretty good. :oops:

Yes, she was a little squatty and light on the front end. It was a slow ride home and kinda of relaxing.

Reactions: ScotO
Seeing that pile of hedge reminded me of the time I cut a load of hedge and put it all on the truck and came out to the road to check the tires and so on. Man was the bumper low. If I came to any part of a blacktop that had a hump in the center it drug to beat the band. The only way I could go around any corners was to give it a little gas then hit the brakes so the front tires was on the road to make the turn. The tires was on the road but wasn't on enough to turn so goose it ,brake and turn at the same time. 1972 ford 3 speed Thought of another story going over a hill to get to the road and there was no road there. Some other time.

Can totally relate, its just amazing how heavy hedge is.

Reactions: ScotO
Nice score! The bestest of the bestest there.....
I've not burned much of it, actually only ever cut one hedge down in my woodburning career (it's just not a common wood around here), but it was very impressive indeed!

Reactions: chvymn99
Status
Not open for further replies.