Addicted to "breaking bad"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Im not much of a TV guy, Movie here and there,and jay leno and thats it but ever since i ran across the series "breaking bad" about a chemistry teacher turned meth cooker im hooked. I watched the first 3 years episodes 33 45m shows in all ,in about 2 weeks.(you can do that with netflix) Anyone else got this bug

My wife and son do, but I have not been able to get into watching a life degenerate as entertainment and stopped after a couple seasons.

I love that series. To me it's by far the best acting, writing and producing on television today.
Brian Cranston and Aaron Paul are phenomonal actors.
We actually switched from Dish to another carrier and the fact that Dish dropped AMC helped us make the decision. That and they finally put fiber optic internet in our area.

I missed the first show last week and I don't know how they can top the last show last season but I do have it set to record.

My wife and son do, but I have not been able to get into watching a life degenerate as entertainment and stopped after a couple seasons.
It is quite believable as someone with a terminal illness backed into a financial corner might do just about anything,

Im not much of a TV guy, Movie here and there,and jay leno and thats it but ever since i ran across the series "breaking bad" about a chemistry teacher turned meth cooker im hooked. I watched the first 3 years episodes 33 45m shows in all ,in about 2 weeks.(you can do that with netflix) Anyone else got this bug
YES!!
I did the same thing!
Season 4 just came out on Netflix and I'm almost done with it, I'm trying to pace myself...
Have you ever seen Dexter?
Another AWESOME show!

YES!!
I did the same thing!
Season 4 just came out on Netflix and I'm almost done with it, I'm trying to pace myself...
Have you ever seen Dexter?
Another AWESOME show!
Usually watch 2 a day so iv only got 2 left. Next move may be to pay $2 per epidode or $3 for HD from amazon for season 5. That would be a first

HA! I was just telling my wife how I might have to suck it up and buy them on Amazon instead of waiting until next summer to see them...

I've never heard of it (the series to which you're referring), but I s'pose that with enough meth you could watch about as many episodes of anything you wanted in a surprisingly short period of time. :rolleyes:

I've never heard of it (the series to which you're referring), but I s'pose that with enough meth you could watch about as many episodes of anything you wanted in a surprisingly short period of time. :rolleyes:

Good for me that my only addiction is collecting firewood!

Did you get the irony that 2 of the main characters are having financial meltdowns cuz of health insurance limitations, something on everyones mind today. Ones cooking meth and the other one is getting anonymous cash from the meth cookers wife to solve their health care problems.

Did you get the irony that 2 of the main characters are having financial meltdowns cuz of health insurance limitations, something on everyones mind today. Ones cooking meth and the other one is getting anonymous cash from the meth cookers wife to solve their health care problems.
Desperate times call for desperate measures Seasoned.
I have a family of 4 that I can't afford to insure since my work doesn't offer insurance. We didn't really qualify but the state still let us join the MaineCare program for a higher monthly premium (which is a ridiculously small amount of money).
Why can't they offer the program to everyone and charge you based on your income?!?!
THEY CAN!
Our moron of a governor is cutting the rolls to finance tax breaks for the 1% though...
There's a big anti "handout" sentiment up here, it's amazing how many people vote against their own interests.

CCS We have the same kind of Governor here in Pa, A GOP clone of Mitch McConnell.The honorable Tom"no millionare left behind" Corbett. I dont want handouts .but i do want to BUY affordable insurance. $1300 a month for 2 people with no pre-existing health issues is just too much. So for now im a self pay.

CCS We have the same kind of Governor here in Pa, A GOP clone of Mitch McConnell.The honorable Tom"no millionare left behind" Corbett. I dont want handouts .but i do want to BUY affordable insurance. $1300 a month for 2 people with no pre-existing health issues is just too much. So for now im a self pay.

Exactly, our choice was $1,000/month for a plan with a 20k deductible.

So let me get this straight, even if I do get VERY sick it will cost me $32,000 out of pocket ANNUALLY before ANYTHING is covered?!?!

You're better off putting $800 a month in a savings account and using that to pay, health savings accounts should be available pretax for everyone.

My 2 year old broke his leg in January, we show up at the ER with no insurance and know it's going to be a lot of money.
So they tell us to write a letter of hardship explaining why we don't have insurance and can't pay.
I draft a letter and include at the end how I would like to set up a payment plan or pay a portion of it, but my wife points out that they didn't ask for that in the letter so why offer.
So I submit a letter with a few pay stubs and they covered $2,000 of the $2,500 bill.

So when people groan that others don't pay their ER bills driving up care for everyone, it's because they DON'T ASK YOU TO, not because people are deadbeats!!!

CCS Foreign tourists are also not required to pay their ER bills. Recently the mother of 2 medical professionals i know came to visit them. Ran up several K in ER bills,due to dizzy spells.
ER billing told her she does not qualify for the usual reimbursement.Medicare,medicaid ect since she is a foreigner so they chalked it up under non-compensated.
Thisw person has money,spends $1500 every couple months on round trip airline tickets,have investments,rental properties ect. Perhaps before the US embassy issues a visa they should require that the tourist have health insurance coverage while traveling. Why do the taxpayers/HC ratepayers have to subsidize well to do tourists?

Status
Not open for further replies.