Adding 500 more gallons of storage...Will this work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernard

Sep 17, 2008
central maine
tankplumbing.gif

I have an EKO-40 with 500 gal of storage. Works great but want more storage time. I picked up another 500 gal tank and will stack them. I have included here a diagram of the existing setup and also the proposed setup. I was thinking of coming out of the bottom of the top tank with existing 1 1/4" port reduce to one inch and feed the top of the lower tank with two one inch lines. I will use heat pecs because I think it will be easier to work with. Everything else is 1 1/4 " iron pipe. Probably should add one more expansion tank? I know there are alot of stacked tanks out there. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.