Adding a blower fan to my Quadrafire 3100?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggyant

Jul 18, 2015
North Idaho
I bought a house with a beautiful 1992 model Quadrafire 3100 stove in the living room.

It works great but right now the living room hits 90* plus and the bedrooms barely hit 70*.
That's fine for now but when it gets really cold the difference may get a lot more drastic.

I see that Quadrafire makes a blower attachment for the 3100 by the part # BK-ACC. It looks to bolt onto the back somewhere using three 1/4" existing bolt holes. Well, I've thoroughly looked over the back and bottom of the stove for holes and there are none. Is this something I need to drill? It doesn't mention that online and I don't want to spend $300 on a blower that won't fit my stove.

Anyone have this issue or maybe even a picture of your blower equipped Quadrafire 3100?

Status
Not open for further replies.