1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Adding a pellet delivery system to my cold smoker

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Ron, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Ron

Ron New Member

I’m building a cold smoker. Adding a pellet system should give me the consistency required - 85 - 100F for 2-3 weeks…low and long. I’m looking for sites that offer the “unit” that I can “bolt on”/adapt. Any suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
  3. Ron

Ron New Member

4. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Yup. Are you looking for something turnkey for woodpellets? If so, it doesn't really exist...you have to make it. Those are the parts...or at least a bunch of them.
  5. Ron

Ron New Member

Yup. Are you looking for something turnkey for woodpellets? If so, it doesn't really exist...you have to make it. Those are the parts...or at least a bunch of them.

Yeah - that'd be nice...was hoping. But can go the parts route. Thanks for you support.
  6. festerw

festerw Member

Loc:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    A Traeger grill with the adjustable thermostat would probably run that cold, you'd likely need to find a cheap used one to make it cost effective though.
  7. karl

karl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Huntington, West Virginia
    I'm new to smoking food. I have only use my smoker three times so far but I was wondering. Would pellets from a pellet stove make good wood chips to smoke with?