Adding a thermostat on Englander 25pvdc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgefire

Dec 16, 2007
I read Englander's instructions for adding a thermostat. It seems pretty straight forward. My question is that they suggest setting the feed and blower rate to 9,9. So does that mean when the thermostat calls for heat, my stove is going to crank all out? If that's the case it doesn't seem like a thermostat would be economical, I'm already using enough pellets.

Also does the thermostat shut the stove down completely when the set temp is reached or just it just dial it down?

Ridgefire said:
I read Englander's instructions for adding a thermostat. It seems pretty straight forward. My question is that they suggest setting the feed and blower rate to 9,9. So does that mean when the thermostat calls for heat, my stove is going to crank all out? If that's the case it doesn't seem like a thermostat would be economical, I'm already using enough pellets.

Also does the thermostat shut the stove down completely when the set temp is reached or just it just dial it down?

ok, look. i hate that statement in the manual , its stupid and as soon as i can get a revision done its going to be gone.

bottom line , here is what you do, set the heat range and blower speed where you want the stove to run when the stat calls for heat. the unit will run at that setting until the stat opens (reaches required room temp) at this point the stove will slow down to its lowest heat range (blower will not change) and it will idle along until more heat is needed , then it will revert back to the heat range you select on the board. the unit is not shut off and on by the t-stat.

i apologize for the statement in the book about setting it on (9-9) this is not a requirement and if it is confusing or not suitable for your application , simply ignore it with my apology.

mike holton englander stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.