Adding an oak over the summer and looking to get the research in now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I have a Harman accentra insert with a zero clearance box. The back of the box is in my garage. I have a 3 inch exhaust pipe going up through the roof of the garage. My thought is to remove the exhaust pipe and Attach the Selkirk exhaust pipe and add the oak to that. I think thats the name of the pipe where you can attach it this way I dont have 2 pipes going through the roof plus i can have the benefit of heating up the air before going into the stove. What do you think.

Attachments

• harman garage 2.jpg
    harman garage 2.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 120
  • harman garage.jpg
    harman garage.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 139
  • harman garage 4.jpg
    harman garage 4.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 126
I think Selkirk makes a pipe that has the OAK built right into it. You wouldn't have to add it.

I think Selkirk makes a pipe that has the OAK built right into it. You wouldn't have to add it.

Thats what I meant to say . The Pipe now is just a standard 3 inch pipe i want to add the Selkirk so I can Attach not add the oak to the new pipe

Thats what I meant to say . The Pipe now is just a standard 3 inch pipe i want to add the Selkirk so I can Attach not add the oak to the new pipe

Are you saying that you want to buy the pipe with the OAK built into it?

Your use of he word attach is confusing the issue I think.

Sorry I know the Selkirk has the oak built in I was going to run a seperate pipe through the roof for the oak because i did not want to terminate it in the garage then i read on here that the selkirk pipe has the oak built in. So I was thinking to remove the existing pipe and replace what is there now with the selkirk pipe and attach the oak to it

So I was thinking to remove the existing pipe and replace what is there now with the selkirk pipe and attach the oak to it

Why not buy the Selkirk pipe with the OAK built into it? That way you won't have to attach anything to the Selkirk pipe.

Or are you saying you want to install the Selkirk pipe with the OAK built into it and attach that to the stove?

sorry i am confusing you that is what I want to do but the oak and the exhaust pipe come from 2 different locations on the top of the zero clearance box so I would have to y into the pipe ( that is what i meant by attaching the oak) they sell the adapter for it

Got it.==c

Reactions: glenc0322
That would definately be the way to go. My first stove was an Englander that uses Duravent piping. Harmans don't mate well with Duravent, so I've been improvising ever since I bought it.

was just trying to see if the members here like that idea better instead of 2 seperate pipes but I think all I am doing is confusing them lol

That is much better than 2 separate pipes. You get he added benefit of preheating the incoming air with the exhaust going out. I'd switch, but then I'd have an extra unused hole in my house I'd have to take care of. Plus I'm too tight.

lol know the feeling have to do some side work to pay for it

Status
Not open for further replies.