Adding blower to non-blower stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha_gurl

Aug 31, 2008
Ontairo
I've read here that someone added a blower to stove that didn't originally have one. How is this done? Can this be done? Sorry, don't know much about blowers :( They push air from the bottm of the rear heat sheild up and out of the top, is this correct?

Btw, as per my last post regarding my broken bolt...well bf came home and fixed it in less then 10 min :D

Thanks all...we have been buring for 5 days now, and are loving it!

Yamaha_gurl said:
...They push air from the bottm of the rear heat sheild up and out of the top, is this correct?...

Depends on the stove. Some are a bit more sophisticated than that, some not. But, yes, that's the general idea...forced convection of air from the room, around the firebox, and back into the room. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.