Adding Humidity to house, plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andybaker

Feeling the Heat
Oct 31, 2008
Northwest OH
I want to increase the humidity in our house and I hate those standing floor humidifiers. I like the ones that go on the furnace ducts, but my furnance hardly ever comes on because we heat with wood. I've found a product called the "FanHandler" that looks like it might work. It is supposed to move air around the house at a slow speed by reducing the speed of the furnace motor. This way there wouldn't air blowing around all the time. Has anyone tried this? How about adding an air cleaner at the same time, maybe an electronic air cleaner or one of those UV air cleaners? I'd be interested what others have done. Thanks.

I had an april air and limited the water output. I also wired it to run off of the fan and not the heat. It helps but if there is no heat in the unit the efficiency is low. Best to put a kettle on the stove and a stand alone unit if/when needed.

I put a steamer on top of my stove and it dumps about a gallon or so of water into the air daily. At niht or during cold season I run a warm mist humidifier in the bedrooms at night. Another gallon or so per 6-8 hour period per unit.

Tons of house plants

Status
Not open for further replies.