Adding "Thorough And Unlimited Ash Creating Skills" To My Resume ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
'Cause, I need them.

To put on the 6" thick ice every where.

:mad:

I don't envy you folks. Ice storms are the worst.

Next course of study: Roof Raking 101.

Also - Wood Pile Excavation. The center of the pic is my 5x10 trailer full of firewood for the 2nd half of the winter.

image.jpg

Reactions: Dix and CrufflerJJ
I've kept my trails to my stacks snowblowed through all the storms.
Yep - that's a good practice. Too many work trips and it got away from me.

It was easy enough for it to get away from you with over 50 inches in 2 weeks. Possibly another 1-2 feet Sunday...

Yeah - I'm in OH right now looking jealously at the bare ground and thinking about how much wood I could get split under these conditions. I think I better get at that wood Saturday morning.

I've managed to melt most of the ice to the stacks, driveway, and in front of the car & truck (go me!!)

The last 20 feet to the road has eluded me.The "beast" struggled to get out of the driveway this morning in 2 wheel, struggled in hihg 4, I didn't even bother with low 4, it's all ice :mad:

It's on my list after the snow tonight with the 4 days of freezing temps we're gonna get.

I figure it's a win / win. Push both stoves, and deice the driveways at the same time.>>

Normal people do not think like this, do they? ;)

I've managed to melt most of the ice to the stacks, driveway, and in front of the car & truck (go me!!)

That last round of snow and ice got the best of me. Was at work at and by the time I got home it was frozen solid. Finally cleared from the driveway but no sun hits the path to my wood shed. Took a nice little spill on my way back to the house with a load of wood. Getting on a boat headed south on Sunday. I'll be thinking of you guys back home :).

Reactions: firefighterjake
That last round of snow and ice got the best of me. Was at work at and by the time I got home it was frozen solid. Finally cleared from the driveway but no sun hits the path to my wood shed. Took a nice little spill on my way back to the house with a load of wood. Getting on a boat headed south on Sunday. I'll be thinking of you guys back home :).

Screw you ;)

You're going to miss the awesomeness of the coming warmer weather ;lol

Did I just say that? OMG, lol !!

They won't let me "like" it, J ;)

Enjoy the warmer weather . . . you deserve a break from the snow and the cold.

Enjoy the warmer weather . . . you deserve a break from the snow and the cold.
The last straw was driving my son up to Potsdam. 8 hrs each way and snowed almost the whole time. Wifes 04' Outback does a nice job but that was a lot of white knuckle driving.

How's the new car? Even though ours is ready to be replaced it has a ton of good features that make it a good cold weather car. The new Legacy should be even nicer.

The last straw was driving my son up to Potsdam. 8 hrs each way and snowed almost the whole time. Wifes 04' Outback does a nice job but that was a lot of white knuckle driving.

How's the new car? Even though ours is ready to be replaced it has a ton of good features that make it a good cold weather car. The new Legacy should be even nicer.

My wife likes it a lot . . . but she says she still likes her old Legacy Outback . . . says the size was perfect. Me . . . I really like her car -- Subaru finally has a car that gets decent gas mileage and rides and accelerates decently -- while still having AWD. Her old Legacy Outback . . . about the only thing I really liked about it was the AWD -- I found it to be slow, poor gas mileage compared to other sedans (albeit not AWD) and it rode like a buckboard. Subaru really stepped up with this latest version . . . I know some folks find their styling lacking though . . . me . . . I'm more about substance than flash.

Reactions: jatoxico
Status
Not open for further replies.