I got stuck the first day I had the new lawn tractor (Ariens, really Husqvarna, 42", 20 hp, hydro, 8" rear wheels) when a front wheel went into a soft sandy spot at the bottom of a hill (the leach field mound) with no place to go but back up with the tires spinning. Anyway, since then I bought 30 lb plastic covered wheel weights from Sears (Husqvarna also makes some Craftsman tractors). They made a pretty big difference. I read about adding windshield washer fluid to tires for more ballast, and that's what I did tonight, to all four tires. I put 4 1/4 gallons each in the rears and 1 3/4 each in the fronts. That's about 35 lbs for each rear wheel and 15 lbs for each fron wheel. It went pretty easy. I jacked up an end, rotated the stem to the 12 o'clock position, removed the valve core, and pumped in the fluid with a pump sprayer via a vinyl tube, replaced core and pumped air in to pressure. Hopefully it helps and I don't break anything, including arms, legs, etc.