Adding Water to a Remote Pressurized System

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
Some of us, like me, have our gasifiers and storage located in a location/building with no plumbed water source. I ran a hose about 200' to initially fill my 1000+ gal system. After a need to drain a little water to work on the system, I needed to add the water back in. The solution became apparent when I looked at an old and unused small pressure tank I had for my well. I repressurized the tank to 20 psi, added a valve and short length of hose on the tank water port, opened the valve, and then filled the tank through the hose from the house. It took about 2 gallons of water. Then shut the valve, brought the tank over to my boiler, hooked up the hose to the boiler fill valve, opened the tank valve, and added the extra water. Worked perfectly, and a lot better than running a really long length of hose. Maybe this idea will be helpful to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.