adjust stove to put out more heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off. Is it set up properly and dialed in? Is the stove and ducting free and clear of ash? After that, try different pellet brands.

More fuel + more air = more heat.

Reactions: bags
More fuel + more air = more heat.
Until it melts! I'd opt for C4 to really get a boost in heat.

Adjust the stove per the manual and that's how much heat you're going to get if you've kept it clean. Like others said, try different brands but they are all basically the same btu/lb. Smaller pellet length will give more heat but you'll go through the bag quicker. Fact of life. It's rated for a certain btu/hr.

Last edited:
Reactions: jss227
I like the c4 idea but migh be a little messy. Yes the stove us set and running right pipes are free an clean of ash. I burn short pellets the burn better. The equation of more fuel + more air= heat will help me adjust fan. This is the 2nd year I've used a pellet stove so your help is most appreciated.

I like the c4 idea but migh be a little messy. Yes the stove us set and running right pipes are free an clean of ash. I burn short pellets the burn better. The equation of more fuel + more air= heat will help me adjust fan. This is the 2nd year I've used a pellet stove so your help is most appreciated.
If you're using short pellets and you have one year of usage experience under your belt/apron :) , you are probably getting all you're going to get. Use it wisely in the rooms that need it and space heaters in the rest.

Crank it up! Most stoves have adjustments to get higher burn and feed rates. If you are running it maxed out then that is all the heat the stove is capable of producing. How many BTU's is your stove and what are you trying to heat with it? I see you are new here so start off by reading and understanding your manual. Do some searches here for your make and model to see what needs to be done for best performance. What did you do last year to get it to pump out the heat? It was a cold and nasty winter.

What pellets you running?

Using Premium Hardwood pellets from Orschlen's there short and burn really well. I am heating small trailer home yes we also use space heater's. I'm still learning adjustments of fan's and pellets. I will do more searches. love the help

It's input btu is 48,000
You should be able to get some decent heat out of that. I am not familiar at all with your stove but there are people here that are and should be able to help you with settings. Familiarize yourself with the manual and your stoves functions so when they offer advice it makes some sense to you. There are adjustments where you can get things set certain ways for the best results.

Until it melts! I'd opt for C4 to really get a boost in heat.

Adjust the stove per the manual and that's how much heat you're going to get if you've kept it clean. Like others said, try different brands but they are all basically the same btu/lb. Smaller pellet length will give more heat but you'll go through the bag quicker. Fact of life. It's rated for a certain btu/hr.

It might warp a bit......

The High limit snap disc will prevent meltdown.... we hope.

Using Premium Hardwood pellets from Orschlen's there short and burn really well. I am heating small trailer home yes we also use space heater's. I'm still learning adjustments of fan's and pellets. I will do more searches. love the help

Is the home a 14'x70'? You should be able to roast that thing out with that stove. I'm heating a 2 story, 1800SF 150+ year old drafty farmhouse with my 5502M (which is the same stove with different front) and last night when it was -8 out, I had the place at a constant 75.
How new is the trailer? You have it hooked up with an OAK correct? When running on HR-5, what does the flame look like? It should be big and bright. How is the exhaust hooked up and what vent kit did you use?

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.