Adjustable Blower Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hans747

Dec 31, 2014
Asheville NC
Hi Everyone,

Lately it seems like it takes longer and longer for the blower in my Heat&Glo gas log fireplace to kick on. It used to take about 5-10 minutes of flame, and now it's more like 20-30 minutes. I checked and everything is still in place down there (the magnetic termostat has not moved) and there are no new leaks letting cold air in. I was thinking about replacing the thermostat with an adjustable one like this.

Does anyone have experience with these? I'm just trying to figure out if they are actually helpful, or just gimmicks.

Thanks

Have you pulled the snap disk & cleaned it? It could have a build up of dust acting as insulation.
Is the actuator surface still in direct contact with the bottom of the firebox? Many times, I've seen
the mounting brackets distort & allow the contact to break.
Is the INSIDE of the firebox, under the burner clean? That could also have a build-up of
dust acting as an insulator.

In answer to your question on the adjustable thermodisk, I haven't actually installed one, but 19 out of
20 of the customer reviews were positive...

Status
Not open for further replies.