Adjusting Carburetor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that a good starting point is to set both high and low screws at 1 turn out. aka. remove plastic caps (red and white usually), turn screws clockwise until they lightly "seat" then back out (counterclockwise) 1 turn. This is usually a good starting point. Also I like to leave them alittle rich for the fact a saw runs different once under load and temp is usually colder outside.

A saw with alot of use or lower compression will usually need @1.5-2 turn out on the low speed due to the fact the engine can't develop the low pressure or "sucking" force through the carb at low speed as well as a fresh/new saw.

LLigetfa said:
smokinjay said:
Mass. Wine Guy said:
smokinjay said:
yes, it will get you very close but still good to be able to hear the slight 4 stroke.

Is this shen the engine sounds kind of rough but still runs really well?

yes once it sounds perfect then back off a little its called 4 stoking.
To me, the term "back off" sounds like the wrong direction. You need to go in the other direction and open (richen) it up a little.

you really need to learn to tune by sound and you will know what back off meens. If tuning with tack or by turns of the screw your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.