Adjusting the Enviro M55 Insert with a Mag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickNH

Sep 17, 2014
New Hampshire
Hi .. My first post here! I just installed the M55 insert into my fireplace. Love the look of it. I also got a Mag to adjust it. I cannot seem to find in any of my searches what settings the stove is to be on when performing the Mag readings and adjustments. I see that you are supposed to run it on heat level 5 for 1 hour prior .. but then what? ???Turn it down to 3 and take a reading to adjust the damper to 14 - 17???

It's on page 9 of the owners manual if you have it. It says to run for one hour on 5 and adjust the damper to get 0.15 to 0.17 inches of water

It's on page 9 of the owners manual if you have it. It says to run for one hour on 5 and adjust the damper to get 0.15 to 0.17 inches of water
Ok ... So I have researched this and found that these might be the steps : PLEASE someone chime in if this is incorrect!

1. Run the insert at level 5 for 1 hour
  2. Turn it to heat level 3 with feed and air trim on level 3
  3. ???? wait a time frame for stove to stabilize??? (I am just guessing here because it's logical????)
  4. Adjust the damper with a MAG to 15-17 inches.

interesting enough when I turned it down to heat level three the MAG remained constant. Thanks for the info on that... I guess all I have to do now is to feel the heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.