Adjusting Winter Warm small primary air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmol

Apr 26, 2008
Genessee Township, MI
How do you adjust the primary air control on the vermont castings small Winter Warm?

I thought I has seen it in a post a few years back, but a search of Winter Warm primary air adjustment yields nothing.

Mine shuts the air off at the 2:00 position. It should shut it off at the 4:30 to 5:00 position.

If this was covered before, just post the link, I will be happy to read it.

Thanks

After taking the side panel off, I saw that the wire seemed good but it offered no adjustment.

So I gripped the lever coming off the air flap at the bottom right front of the unit and bent it down where it connected to the wire. Now it shuts off about in the right place.

Put it back together and will try it out after some other checks while it is cooled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.