1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Adobe Problems- Owner Unite

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by muleman51, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman

Norman New Member

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    People now we have a face and address email for Phil wonder if he can be found!!!

Remember we live in a small world we can run but we can not hide

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    Here's another phone #-- 207/992-4130. I just called it and guess what .... the office is closed until April 28. The voice on the message sounds exactly like the Phil Dougherty that no longer works for Adobe. I don't remember who posted this info earlier ( Phil stated to the AG he no longer works for Adobe). More of Phil's evasiveness and lies. I e-mailed and called six times with absolutely no response from Phil. I can't get him to dispute or deny my claim of the cancer on the skin panels.
  3. Norman

Norman New Member

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    PHIL IS ADOBE BOILER. He worked for himself by himself. He had people manufacturing for him....
  4. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    Exactly, if Phil is speaking he is lying.
  5. Norman

Norman New Member

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    What is so funny about this... Is he "says" he is a religious man...... Hypocrit is the word!!!!!!
  6. JLPELL

JLPELL New Member

Loc:
    Northern NH
    Hello, I'm new to to the forum but was had by Phil like the rest of you were. 3 months of use and my adobe 100 was rusting in all panels. I did contact the State of Maine AG's office and finally received a response from them the day before yesterday. What a disappointment that was. There response was , We have tried contacting Dirigo Manufacturing but have been unable to reach them. The telephone # and the mailing address you provided is no longer valid. Without a means of contacting the business, we are unable to mediate your complaint. Has anyone else had the same response? Very frustrated with the Adobe and the AG.
  7. muleman51

muleman51 Member

Loc:
    SE Minnesota
    This is so frustrating, even the Maine AG lets him get by with it. He's a crook and they won't try to do anything. I think that we all need to go together and sue him but what can we get except more expense and still boilers that don't work.
  8. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    I just hope every single Adobe owner contacts their state and ME AG. Eventually , hopefully this scared rat will be cornered. It's obvious he has no conscience and is comfortable stealing from honest hard working people. Yea the standard statement from all AG's--- we're not your lawyer. I'm still awaiting responses from NY & ME AG's. Everyone keep posting and spread the word of Phil's ways.
  9. Norman

Norman New Member

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    For you all Adobe owners, please forward all info to me on my personal email and I will make some phone call to get this resolved

Please send private messages with Seriel no#s date purchased problems. who contacted ALL of it and I will do my damdest to get thsi taken care of.... I am in Bangor area often and I know the Phils inlaws also. THey are from my area.....

Please let everyone know

Thanks
  10. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    Here's another phone # for everyone 603-329-3241......the office is closed until April 28. Thanks Norman , will be in touch.
  11. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I think you should all keep in mind that you cannot get blood from a stone.....meaning this dude is unlikely to ever make you whole, because it is easier for him to close up shop, start another shell corporation, etc.

But you can probably prevent him from ripping off other people by making sure he shuts down.
  12. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    I definately agree with you- see my April 12 post - top of page. Right now anything is worth a shot. I and everyone else have been taken for a ride. Any way I can inconvenience Phil or make him squirm a little , I'll be happy. Everyone must put the word out on this lowlife. Obviously he is still in business taking peoples calls and money, he just won't take calls from former customers. I will be in touch with many people in his area to relay mine and others experiences with Phil.
  13. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    Has anyone in the state of Maine bought an Adobe from Phil ? We could certainly use your help in flushing him out from his hiding place.
  14. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    All Adobe owners please private message me for important info regarding our problems. I will respond this evening- Please spread the word.
  15. druzzy

druzzy New Member

Loc:
    buff,ny
    hello all! i been very busy since my return from bagdad--catching up with famil--well my boiler is turned off--i did put some old stop sign material over my rotten panels--i did not get a complete season out of my unit--i did use a ton of green wood because i was told by phil i could !--i read on the forum that wet wood is bad for the units--i also see on the forum that you need my vin # my stove i purchased is a 200 series and marked a 300 ! i will look for a serial #--please include me in the linching please!!! i need help with this piece of crap! i open for any changes to make it right---i am really taking a beating from the wife!! some of my brain storms just dont work out! i have been going on craigs list--it free--and i am tring to warn people of this scam--please go to that list in your state and just put a warning in any listing so people can read--try to keep me in the loop--thank you--druzzy
  16. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    Druzzy, please private message me . I have some useful info for you.
  17. roaring fire

roaring fire New Member

Loc:
    newfoundland
    A s a follow up to one of my previous posts on the Adobe problem I had noted that Mark from SJ Trailor
    had promised to send replacement skins for the Adobe. This message confirms he was good to his word,
    the new skins have arrived.
  18. JLPELL

JLPELL New Member

Loc:
    Northern NH
    Just curious what kind of metal did he use for the new skins and how thick was it .
  19. steam man

steam man Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I have been traveling for some time now and haven't had a chance to scout out Adobe's shop. However, If someone here wanted to contact the nearby Bangor Daily News about investigating this problem, they may take it on. They do consumer complaints so this may be interesting enough for them. That should shake things up. Go to www.bangornews.com for contact info.
  20. JLPELL

JLPELL New Member

Loc:
    Northern NH
    I did e-mail the Bangor Daily News on the 13th or the 14th . No response as of yet.
  21. JLPELL

JLPELL New Member

Loc:
    Northern NH
    Has anybody else received their disappointing letter from the Maine AG's office yet.
  22. roaring fire

roaring fire New Member

Loc:
    newfoundland
    To JLPELL
    The new skins are galvanized steel & definately thicker than
    the original Adobe skins
  23. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    Has anyone noticed the Adobe website has been down for a couple of days? I guess Phil made enough money to buy another $354,000 house along with all of his other properties.
  24. muleman51

muleman51 Member

Loc:
    SE Minnesota
    Is Phil gone? Are we all out of options and stuck with these boilers? Anyone had any new thoughts? Live and Learn!
  25. NNYorker

NNYorker Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y.
    No Phil is'nt gone , he's just moved to another neighborhood. I'm sure he's preaching from the pulpit about how he's such a nice guy. No he's just doing what criminals do-- trying to disappear. PM me for more info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.