advantage 2 help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketroy

Hearth Supporter
Jan 4, 2009
vancouver canada
long time user here but not much of a poste.
so ive done all the maintainance on my advantage 2 insert as above in the routine maintainance stcky and as described in the manual.
but when i run my stove with the ash pan and door closed the exhaust blower is working perfectly , but when i place a small peice of toilet tissue over the air intake it doesnt suck it in like it used to. ive checked all the gaskets with the trapping news paper and trying to slide it out and they seem tight. altho i did notice this year that when the door is latched closed the catch almost hits the pin there is almost metal toi metal contact, im pretty sure i need to replace the door gasket and ash pan door gasket, where else could it be leaking in air? and can anyone anser is the door gasket 3/4 or1/2 rope.
oh and the room blower has 2 oil holes in the top for a couple of drops of oil, but the other blower has non, so no lube required there? thanks in advance.. Roy

Have you checked to see if your venting is clear? Sometimes build up of ash can block it if it has not been cleaned, other times a bird thinks it is a great place for a nest. Have you pulled the combustion blower off when you cleaned the stove? If not pull it off and make sure that there is not a lot of crud built up inside the combustion housing. Rare possibility but I have seen it is that the set screw holding on the impeller has loosened and the impeller slipped off, or that the impeller itself has burnt away from years of use. The door rope is 1/2" and as far as the oil holes, OEM had oil ports but they had small rubber plugs in them that could be blending in the the body of the housing, or check the part of the housing that faces down when it is mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.