Advantage II-T Ultra grate retrofit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gscreely

I have an Advantage II-T serial 26*** circa 1990, with the pipe and the box for the burn pot. I just ordered the retro-fit ultra grate kit. The description of its benefits seem to focus on solving issues related to ash pan leaks and a better fire. I am curious how that will translate into efficiency and heat output of the stove, the original pot seems to clog up pretty easy with ash, and it also seems to wide and the edges seem to struggle to burn well. What kinds of improvements have you guys experienced? Was it night and day, or just a minor improvement?

gscreely said:
I have an Advantage II-T serial 26*** circa 1990, with the pipe and the box for the burn pot. I just ordered the retro-fit ultra grate kit. The description of its benefits seem to focus on solving issues related to ash pan leaks and a better fire. I am curious how that will translate into efficiency and heat output of the stove, the original pot seems to clog up pretty easy with ash, and it also seems to wide and the edges seem to struggle to burn well. What kinds of improvements have you guys experienced? Was it night and day, or just a minor improvement?

it makes a difference on how it burns and how it clinkers
you still get clinkers with bad pellets but it will not plug up as fast.
you will need to adjust the air after the install

Im not 100% sure it will fit your stove
The clowns at lennox tell me that it will only fit advantage stoves
serial #7217 and up
I dont have a stove below that serial around to see what the difference is
if it dont fit sure with a little Modification the base plate will fit.
You may have to trip down the bottom of the firebrick to make up for the thickness of the plate.

This is our only option for factory burn pot for Lennox dont make the liner with the holes in it any more.

If you ordered it from us and you cant get it to fit fill out the RMA form and we will take it back with no restocking fee
but we can credit you back the shipping.

I did get it from you guys, my serial is 26,000ish so I imagine should be ok. The pellets are really good, (barefoot) kiln dried red oak. We have a lot of options here in central pa and I have tried most of them and these were among the best I found. Significantly better than even the big mills like energex in my experience. The fire in general burns well, but the sides don't. It I think the new ultra grate is an inch or two more narrow than my 6"+ old one. I was just curious about the level of improvement it make bring.

gscreely said:
I did get it from you guys, my serial is 26,000ish so I imagine should be ok. The pellets are really good, (barefoot) kiln dried red oak. We have a lot of options here in central pa and I have tried most of them and these were among the best I found. Significantly better than even the big mills like energex in my experience. The fire in general burns well, but the sides don't. It I think the new ultra grate is an inch or two more narrow than my 6"+ old one. I was just curious about the level of improvement it make bring.

The size of the pot dont matter
it is how much air to fuel
The larger Slots in the bottom of the pot make it burn much cleaner.

Breckwell changed to a new style that is about half the size than the old pot and they burn better.

Status
Not open for further replies.