Advice and Help Needed on Dovre 700 Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R&D

Jun 6, 2015
Goshen, AR
I finally found a decent stove at the right price ($200) for our home even though it required carting it up 40 stairs... I can't seem to find much info about it so was hoping someone here can help answer a few questions. First the details of the stove.
Heatilator Dovre 700 with the Black Enamel Finish. It's got a few chips in the enamel and needs some new stove cement around the ash pan (had to remove for stairs). It's got several broken (cracked in half) fire bricks around the sides, floor has some hairline cracks but intact but otherwise seems to have seen little use and is in good shape. SO here come the questions....
1. Should the fire bricks be replaced? There are no chunks missing but still they are broken...
2. Best way to repair the chipped enamel or at least "blend" in the chips?
3. Is there a "best" stove cement to use?
4. The grate in the bottom to the ash pan seems to slide back and forth (not the air intake slide)... What's the use of this?
5. What should this stove be called? Heatilator? Dovre? Aurora?
This seems to be a very similar design to the Morso Squirrel we have in the smaller part of our house, with the primary air adjustable and then a couple rows of secondary air intake up top that are not adjustable... Any advice or insight into how to best operate this stove would be appreciated!
Thanks,

Dustin

Morso 1410
Heatilator Dovre Aurora 700???

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 586
Nice find. The ash grate should be closed for starting and running. Do you have the manual?

Attachments

• dovre_700_cb.pdf
    271.3 KB · Views: 689
I have the dovre 400 in a well insulated house their very good heaters but not very long burners,good luck with it

Status
Not open for further replies.