1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Advice for SMALL fireplace

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by man6ano, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man6ano

man6ano New Member

Loc:
    OH
    I just bought an older house with a small fireplace. The opening is 24" wide by 26" high. I had an inspector come out ane even though he couldn't get on the roof today told me it has a good liner and should be OK to use after a sweep. Due to clearance issues he said I probably could not use an insert. I'm thinking doors, but can't seem to find any this small. I'd appreciate any recommendations. I would like to burn wood, but want to get SOME heat out of it if possible. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Howdy. How large a house is this? How big is the room this fireplace is in? Would you consider extending the hearth and putting a small stove in the fireplace opening? If you want an insert, I'd look at the Country Striker 160, or the PE Vista insert for starters.
  3. man6ano

man6ano New Member

Loc:
    OH
    I was told I cannot use an insert due to clearance issues. This is a 2 story about 1500 sq. ft. the room is about 20x15? The fireplace is in a corner of the room about a foot away from one wall. It IS pretty small, so I don't think a stove could even fit. It is about a 2 foot cube.
  4. man6ano

man6ano New Member

Loc:
    OH
    No takers? I have searched, but can't seem to find doors this small.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.