Advice needed on Heritage Cartier II wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeErieLover

Sep 18, 2013
We have recently purchased a cottage and the wood stove in the cottage is a Heritage Cartier II stove.
I have no idea how old the stove is nor do I know anything about the stove. I have read on the internet that it may not be EPA approved. I would appreciate anyone's advice as to whether I should leave the stove in the cottage and use it or whether this older type of wood stove is junk and I should update with a newer model woodstove. I must admit I do like the look of it. I appreciate any help or advice.

welcome to the forum. see if you can upload a picture. there should be some here that should have a clue on what you have.

frank

If the stove is in good condition and it is safely and properly installed then I can't see a reason to replace it, especially if this is just for occasional burning unless you want to have a cleaner burning stove in place. It has a basic secondary burn system that is better than some of the older stoves.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/secondary-burn-on-heritage-cartier.45616/

Status
Not open for further replies.