Advice needed on stove purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Jason,

I thought I would join in on the fun. As I live in Tok and I know what you are talking about. I got my hands on a used Blaze King classic it is an older stove made in 89 I think but it worked fine this summer. I have not had a chance to use it in the winter. I am trying to finish building my my second story. My stove is installed in the garage and the stovepipe runs up through the middle of the cabin 22 feet up from the concrete floor. It is made of 8 inch pipeline pipe with an elbow that bends down in the top of the stove, but the weight of the pipe is on the concrete floor. I know of several people that have BK stoves. There are also some people that have soapstone stoves that cost ten times what a new BK classic stove costs, but they work great from what I hear.

45north

Status
Not open for further replies.